Friday, October 4, 2013

Be Positive.

 
Day 2.
 
Attitude is everything. Being Positive is a CHOICE and it can make a world of difference in certain situations. Keep. Smiling.
 
I chose this topic today because sometimes it feels like, in my life, as soon as the stars align and plans are falling into place a curve ball comes flying around the corner and I feel like I'm suddenly back at square one. This tends to happen for me around September, every year. I know we're in October now, but I'm still feeling it this year.
 
This year has been a rough one: I've lost 2 beloved family members in a very short amount of time, its bad when you get good at grieving. My brother is watching my Stella, I'm staying with my friend Jess both of which I am very grateful for, but it's definitely not my ideal circumstance. My car needs about $1500 in repairs right now. I just paid rent for a place that I've been planning on moving into for months, and this week it fell through. I'm 9 weeks from graduation and I really don't have time for this right now, but it has forced me to make a bigger decision then I had been planning on.
 
I've had to come up with a back-up living plan, that I can be comfortable with. So, I called my Dad and my Grandma and told them I needed to come up with a plan B today. I knew this was going to be a big decision. I am a stay positive type of person. I allow myself to freak out for a small amount of time, then I hop in the hottest shower I can handle, pull myself together and make a PLAN.
 
 
Plan A:
  • Move in with the guys first week of October. (get to sleep in your bed again) obviously this is not happening
  • Get Stella Back
  • Update Resume
  • Start applying for jobs Charlotte, Austin, elsewhere you put so much pressure on yourself
  • Graduate
  • Leave Charlotte? Or get your own place if you're staying.
 
Plan B:
  • Find an affordable place for you and Stella. It's doable. Charlotte is pretty affordable.
  • Commit to one more year in Charlotte. I love Charlotte
  • Move in ASAP
  • Get Stella Back Charlotte is a pretty pup-friendly city and you have plenty of people who already love Stella if you need help.
  • Update resume, start applying for jobs.
  • Look for jobs in Charlotte when you're ready. Remember, you have a job that will pay your bills until you find something, there's no longer such a rush.
  • Graduate. Be settled. you're almost there. keep smiling.
Being positive is not always the easiest task in the world. actually sometimes it can be quite difficult. I haven't had the chance to write my devotional post yet this week but I'll give you a little preview:
 
It's not how you see God's love through your struggles. It's how you see your struggles through God's love. It's not punishment, it's to make you stronger.
 


1 comment: