Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blogging.

 
Okay, I'm new at this so give me a moment. I'm linking up with thenester for the next 31 days (well, I'll have 31 posts, but I missed a few days) and talk to you 31 Choices I make to better my Health.
 
Day 1: Blogging
 
Blogging has been a big one recently. Especially tonight actually. I blogged when I was abroad for a short while and loved it, but it was long before I knew about the blogging world. It was really just so my mom knew I was alive. But recently I've come back to it, and I'm liking it a lot more then I did the first time around. It is nice to sit down at the end of the day and just let the rest of my thoughts flow out, or focus my thoughts on a specific subject (which might actually be more therapeutic).
 
This is relaxing; wind down time is just what I need before bed. I can vent if I want, because if you don't want to read it, you don't have to. I can tell you about whatever I want to, I can focus on big things, or small. or anything really. It's like having another Best Friend... that might sound a little extreme, but really. I've been blogging again for just over a month and, from what I've read, there are not very many topics that somebody is not willing to talk about. I like this though... it's almost like a no-judge-zone. I know that's not true, but if I don't like something I see, I'm just going to skip to the next blog.
 
Why do I consider blogging a Healthy Choice?
  • It helps me release anxiety. Clearing my head is the best way for me to relax.
  • It helps me stay organized. my Goals for the week aren't on a different sheet of paper for everyday of last week, they're right here on my blog.
  • Need a new recipe? Want some advice on a specific topic? Looking for a new craft project? There's a blogger who's got it on their page somewhere.
  • It is a little community, well it's actually huge, but it gives me a sense of belonging. Especially right now when I feel like I'm in Limbo.
  • There's always something to do. I don't like to stop until I crash, so when I still have a little bit of energy at night or a couple hours of free time procrastination time during the day, it's nice to sit and relax and read. I love to read.
Is blogging a healthy choice for you? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment