Saturday, October 5, 2013

Take a Nap.

 
Day 3. Take a Nap
 
My healthy choice yesterday was to take a nap. Sorry I didn't get the chance to write about it yesterday. Last night was the first Friday night of the holiday season at the restaurant. I know, I know, the holidays haven't started... yet, but there's a very distinct time period in the restaurant world where "slow season" finally hits the wall and the people start rolling in the doors. That is the beginning of my holiday season. And that started this week. This means nothing but exhaustion for me until either Mother's day weekend OR I get a big girl job. It's a good sign. So yesterday, after apartment hunting for hours; making decisions I wasn't ready mentally or financially to make; and before a dinner shift that lasted till 1 am, I napped.
 
Naps are healthy choices because they can give you a "second start" to the day, they give you the chance to unwind and relax and hopefully rest before the craziness of life picks up again. If I could nap everyday I would never turn it down. Sometimes they make me cranky if they're too long, but I wish they never had to come out of our daily routines. Honestly, it makes me wish I could go back to preschool!
 
What makes you wish you could go back to preschool?
Do you like naps?

 

3 comments: