Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Fever

Hallelujah we survived winter everyone! 
 
I heard on the radio the other day that this was actually one of the warmest winters on record... I'm assuming that means for the South East because everyone in the North wanted to scream. My family is in the North and I am the lucky one to be in the South East. I have to say that I think the idea of winter at this point is just as stressful as a week below freezing down here. But Amy, you seriously had one week below freezing ALL winter how can you be so selfish? The South East goes into a state of shock if the temperature drops below 40 degrees. They close school because it's cold, they put road blocks up to keep you off the back roads if it rains, there are only 3 plow trucks for the entire county so they spend the week before a winter storm putting pounds of salt on the road for something that will most likely accumulate to nothing, the city shuts down at the first sign that something might actually come our way, oh and school gets canceled before anything even falls out of the sky. This year the "big storm" was supposed to be 8 inches over 12 hours and the temperature was 34-36 degrees... we did see snowflakes, and then rainnnnnnnnnnn. Just because schools close and the city seems like it's sleeping does not mean we get a break from work. We do see a lot of rain in the winter. Really though, winter itself doesn't bother me much but the two weeks Charlotte had poor weather left me begging for sunshine with the rest of the country.
 
And then the sunshine comes :) I hope it stays for the whole spring. I have serious spring fever this year. I want to garden, spring clean, refurbish furniture, sit on the patio, volunteer, wear dresses, go to all the baby showers, play tennis, paint, spring craft my way through the season, eat lunch outside everyday, run until my feet fall off, and sip lemonade. How glorious does that sound??
 
What am I actually going to do? Clean my car, and my pup, take a bunch of clothes to good will, see how long I can go before I turn on the air conditioner, have a roommate move in, buy pixie pants and cute shorts, start prepping for summer, and maybe do all of the above too!
 
What is your favorite thing about spring??
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment