Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Day to Forget

I had a day today... a day that grinded my gears in all of the wrong ways and allowed every angry color of Amy out of the dungeon. I think that my gears have been grinding the wrong way for awhile but for some reason today I hit my wall of tolerance for it.
 
This doesn't happen often for me. I actually think this was the first time since I was about 17 where I so easily could have hurt somebody, and I'm just hoping that I kept myself in check enough to not get myself in trouble, but I'm not making any promises.
 
I really don't think I need to expand on it, it's not worth re-living. What I know is that I'm drained and I truly need to figure to how to get a day off every week. A whole day. It has to be do-able to keep my sanity.
 
It's so easy for me to shake off how miserable I was today. I thought today would be the perfect day to tell you about all of the wins I have been collecting since I last wrote!
 
1. My Cousin is getting married!
2. There will be a new baby in my family this year! (don't worry, not mine)
3. It was 70 degrees in February!!
4. I think I have decided on a passion that I need to follow.
5. I have been focusing on myself more, even if I'm not working less.
6. I am feeling healthier again.
7. I have been crafting and I plan to keep crafting up a storm.
8. I have a race this weekend!
9. My Grandma turns 80 this month!
10. My family is coming to visit!
11. I made some green tea frozen yogurt :)
12. Healthy habits build happy hearts.
13. I have recently been pursuing some self-growth opportunities and I love them all.
14. After this weekend, I may actually make it to church again! (I've been watching online)
15. One of the best things I've started so far this year is to spend a half hour each day on a home project, it feels awesome to complete something and to get something else cleaned every day!
 
What kind of "wins" do you look for when you need to forget your day??
 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aww I'm so sorry that your day stunk :/ Those kind of days are inevitable and the sooner you can move past them, the better. They're in the past - good riddance, right? I think it's awesome (and soooo important) to focus on the positives when things get rough. Those all sound like amazing "wins"! Green tea frozen yogurt? Where can I find some!?
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete