Friday, April 3, 2015

An Easter List?

I try to always have a running to do list so I don't get too far off track from where I need to be, but it doesn't always matter how much I can complete in a day it never feels like enough. My list for this weekend I tried to keep simple, but when I wrote it I was frustrated, reflecting, reassessing my week and laughing all at the same time... here's why.




First, Jesus is the reason for this holiday weekend and I loved starting my weekend off on the right foot by spending my evening at Elevation! (best church ever)... it was the most perfect moment of reflection after today and as always an awesome service.

"Sweat, but don't melt"... My AC is broken... again. I just got it fixed in October before it was time to turn on the heat, this week the 3rd floor reached 85 degrees during the day and stayed near 80 every night. I turned on the air for it to run for 8 hours with no avail to me melting away. I do plan to sweat some this weekend, but I was thinking more along the lines of a hot yoga studio rather than my bed.


The next two are related to my work week in a personal way... because I take things personally when it involves the work that has my name on it. I spent most of the day today crying. It's really bad because once I start it's impossible to stop even if I feel like its silly for the waterworks to ever have come in the first place. I have the hardest time hearing certain feedback because what I'm hearing is not really what the person is trying to say. I'm not really sure how to fix this about myself because the feedback is presented to me as: this is a problem I need you to fix, and my solution is to just work harder on it... I haven't been given any system for making things smoother for myself nor do I really know how to create the system on my own and to be honest, sometimes it's just easier to struggle through it the long way then to spend the time to teach the system to someone else because it takes forever for me to feel confident that someone else can understand my system and putting it together will put me behind in another area. I feel as though I am on everyone's team- I can help relieve stress across the board, but all of my work is just mine- it makes me feel like my work doesn't matter... anyway, enough about that... I'm turning it into good, I'm just going to do better.

Easter is my least favorite food Holiday... ham- yuck, cabbage and noodles- yuck, casseroles- yuck. Can I please have some turkey and mashed potatoes?? Or better yet, brunch?

Stella has a tummy bug and has been outside a bazillion times today. I'm ready to just snuggle up and have her feel better!!!

"Do the worst, first."--- chores! Can't the laundry just do itself??? Most of my laundry is complete, dishes are done, the bathroom is clean, and the vacuum will be out first thing in the morning! Yay!

Wins today:
1. We closed work at 2!
2. The weather has been amazing, even if I'm melting in my apartment.
3. Going to service tonight was the best decision of the week!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter!!! I think it's so neat to read what other bloggers say about Easter, and it's even neater seeing how many others out there love Jesus :) I love this list of yours - what a great idea!!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete