Monday, September 29, 2014

A Research Project Proposal

If you had ever known me while I was a student, you would know that if there is one thing that I am good at, it is research projects!!! ---> If you've ever had to do a research project for school, you are probably shaking your head vigorously and saying please don't give me this assignment!

Too late, I've already thought it up!

Who? I am challenging myself and you, if you'll join me, in a personal happiness research project.

What is a personal happiness research project? Something I just made up, obviously. It's a plan I devised to make myself smile.

Why would I propose this project? I think of myself as a generally happy person, I laugh a lot and the people I work with tend to think that I am "always happy", but there is a large part of me that is very introverted which means that I spend lots of time "in my own head". This also means that if I spend too much time alone or without a positive social experience outside of work, I tend to start to feel down in the dumps. I am very aware of myself, I am very capable of functioning on my own, I have no roommate, solitude doesn't scare me, but occasionally being alone turns into being lonely. This feeling I do not enjoy in the least. I am a person who is always reaching and why not make a reach that is completely for myself??

Why would you choose to join me? Why not? It's a new topic for your writing AND it's something entirely for you!

When will we do this project? We will start now! YES now! I love the Fall so it seems like a perfect time to start! This project will be all about your own smiles, so you can go at your own pace, skip the steps you hate about research projects, spend as much or as little time as possible working through all of your happiness ideas, and follow along with me whenever you feel.

Where? I will be posting about my happiness adventures, you can expect many more pictures than you've seen in the past few months. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter to keep up when I'm not writing! If you decide to participate, the hashtag I've decided on is: #PersonalHappinessProject2014 I know it's long but it suits my needs. If you'd like me to follow your progress post the link to your blog, or Instagram, or twitter, in my comments (or leave a comment, or follow me on bloglovin) and I'll follow your journey as well!

How are we going to do this project?

There are always rules in writing research projects (that's why everyone hates them right?) and this one is no different! The biggest rule is that this is all about you, making time for yourself, being around people you love, doing things that you love, and focusing on your smile!

The steps to this project are not set in stone. I encourage you to set your own steps as well. When you start a research project, you are generally given guidelines for a range of topics so you can take off in the direction that feels the best for you. You are normally given a chance to change your subject and change your route before you choose a final Thesis Statement.

The First Step is to Brainstorm! The topic I am brainstorming is: What makes me happy?
I will post about this step on Wednesday night!

It would make me happy if you will join me! :)
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this idea - I'm going to try to take part in it with you! Such a great post!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete