Friday, March 14, 2014

Bad Blogger.

Yup that's me, the girl avoiding the internet world like the plague this week. Sorry, I just haven't wanted to sit in front of a screen. No TV, no computer, even cut back on the phone this week until yesterday. The time change also threw me off a lot and I spent the first half of the week trying to sleep more then 3 hours at a time. Can I tell you how much I love the time change?! The sun was still up at 7:30 last night!! Probably closer to 8, but really I loveeeeeeeeeee loveee loveee the longer days!
 
So, let's talk about my avoiding blogging week.
 
**I ran my very first half marathon! The NC Half took place on the Charlotte Motor Speedway. The weather was perfect, the course was perfect (almost entirely flat), I got to rub being actually physically on the speedway, the practice track and the drag-way in my Dad's face (yea we're a little redneck), and I finished in 2 hours and 25 minutes (just over 11 minute miles) not so shabby for my very first half I'd say.
 
** I'm going to write a new series about runners nutrition in the next couple of weeks, because I want to know more. I also got pretty sick after my race. I blame this on not sleeping enough and being too tired to eat, but I want to avoid this happening again so it's going to be a topic of discussion for me coming up.
 
** Found some cool new things at the race. I haven't had a place to carry my phone, keys, anything really and sometimes that's hard, especially when you're running solo. Also my hair is currently too short for a ponytail. (but really I think I just wanted to purchase something) I'm really happy with my shopping splurge.
 
**I have recruited a buddy for my next half and we're also doing the Cooper River Bridge 10k in Charleston together in a couple weeks. I'm excited! I've never been to Charleston. I'm using it as my excuse to go. That buddy is also going to do a couple of half marathons with me later this year and we already started running together, and doing hot yoga together (which we did before). It was nice to get back into the 6:30am classes this week. I forgot how nice they are. I also may have bumped my half goal from 3 to 5 this year. Why let myself get out of half shape??
 
** I have a runners craft project happening this weekend. I'll post a picture and steps on how to do it once it's finished. It'll be my first craft project of the year.
 
**My run this coming weekend is the Color Me Green 5k at the White Water Center, only my favorite place in Charlotte. They do Green River Revival every St. Patty's day weekend which basically marks the kickoff to their season. I'm excited to be out there all day, get covered in green that won't come out of my hair, have a beer, and be involved in the festivities. There's about a thousand runners, and I know the parking lots will be full by noon.
** Next weekend is the make-up date for the Charlotte 10miler which was postponed because they had to re-route the race. I'm excited about this one because they give us breakfast!
 
** Yesterday I was feeling a little homesick, and by feeling a little homesick I mean I NEEDED to make one of my grandparents recipes. Tortellini Soup to the rescue!
** I also made these delicious brownies with a pretzel crust. Maybe one day I'll actually give you the recipes for the food I make.
** I made a big purchase, one that I've wanted for a long time. It's called the Jawbone UP and it's my new best friend. I've been contemplating this purchase for quite some time now. To be honest, I was a little stuck between the UP and the FitBit version. I'm still not sure I made the best decision but I am happy with my decision. I love that it tracks my sleep and I can log my food, and I actually know how much I walk a day now.
** I'm dreading working tonight. Mostly because I just want my nights to myself, or mostly to myself. I like cooking dinner and having my friends over, getting a run in, blogging, reading, taking Stella to the dog park. I don't like still being at work at midnight. I know patience is a virtue and persistence pays off. It's just bugging me a bit.
 
How was your week?
Do you have the UP or the FitBit? Why do you love it?
Tell me about your favorite running sneakers?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment