Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cheats.

 
Day 7: Cheats.
I've been eating clean for quite some time now... probably over 6 months and I still enjoy it. It's still a challenge, I'm still seeing progress, it still makes me feel good and I still make it a goal. The most difficult thing for me is to eat enough. I feel like I eat constantly and I'm always a hungry but the second I start eating I'm full... I keep eating.
 
I've learned through this process that if you are craving it, you need to allow yourself to have a bite or make it a cheat meal for the week. I get 2 cheat meals. And I majorly binge still, even though I know I'll feel like crap afterwards. It's not as bad as it used to be, my cheat meals are big time for me (this week we're going for pop tarts and possibly pizza).
 
I get "mini" cheats throughout the week. these are things that I know if I cut myself off completely from will be the things that cause me to "break" my plan.
  • Creamer- I'm sorry, I can't handle black coffee or tea- it's gross, and creamer meets the sugar rules as long as you use a portion size.
  • 1 piece of Dove dark chocolate a day- now, for me its about one every 3 but when I first started eating clean I got the "sugar shakes" (hypoglycemia) very often so I kept them in my purse for when my sugar dropped at work.
  • Cheese sticks- I am a dairy-aholic. I will never be able to live without cheese and it's a huge deal that I go weeks at a time without milk. I get to have one, a couple times a week. (and normally one of my cheat meals involve cheese or milk)
  • The day before and after "cheat meal day" I go "heavy greens". I basically load up on double fruits and veggies and make sure I eat oatmeal both days to keep my system on track. I try to avoid putting my system into shock because I insisted on going out for queso or donuts.
What are your "mini" cheats?
What are your favorite cheat meals?

 

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Such strong willpower you have. I never could stick to a diet type plan or exercise. But I see cutting yourself off from it TOTALLY isn't the answer. I like your idea of "cheat meals" and snacks through out the week. I think if I can cut back on one thing at a time, it'll be easier. So far, I've limited sweet snacks and pick up a greek yogurt or granola bar now. I am trying my hardest to drink more water. I've got a cute water bottle that motivates me ...Its working slowly but surely! Great post, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete